In today’s world crime is everywhere. Individuals who prepare themselves beforehand are the people that will endure or prevent injury to themselves or their love ones. With that in mind, here are important tips to help you avoid violent crimes:
Prevent Sexual Assault
1. Constantly utilize your initials instead of your given name on mail boxes and phone listings. This will keep possible stalkers and aggressors from knowing your gender.
2. Among the most intelligent things you can do is to avoid remaining alone in an apartment or condo utility room or parking garage. This suggestion applies not just to big cities but also to towns and towns. You just never know who may be viewing you.
3. Do not make the mistake of telling somebody on the phone or at your door that you are alone. One of the easiest ways to develop the impression that somebody is with you, is to make it appear as if you are talking with another person in your home or apartment.
4. This may seem like sound judgment to you, but this is a mistake that many rape victims have fallen prey to. Never risk accepting a ride home from someone you do not know well. This is an open invitation for catastrophe. Police files have plenty of incidents where females didn’t remember this simple rule. Do not risk it! Do not ride– bid farewell is good recommendations!
5. If you are the victim of sexual assault and decide to physically withstand, remember that your goal is to cripple the aggressor long enough to go to security and get aid.
6. In case you do end up being a victim of a sexual assault, you have to make sure that you call the authorities immediately. Many ladies will not do this because they feel embarrassed or shame. With a lot of rape consulting centers and ladies’s advocacy groups today, you need to always seek immediate aid! Also, do not bathe or change your clothing. You do not want to damage any evidence of the assault.Personal Security Products for Women (click here)
Prevent Robbery For Violent Crimes
1. Among the best ways for you to prevent break-in is for you not to caring important products or large amounts of money. However, if you do carry big amounts of cash, never be alone. Get a pal or co-worker to be with you at all times. Being alone is not worth the risk!
2. You need to constantly prepare ahead. For instance, when taking a trip in the evening, ensure that you have your keys ready to enter your home or car. The last thing you wish to be doing is fumbling for your keys in a dark or separated location. Do not make yourself a target.
3. If you are confronted by a burglar, the very best guidance is to comply. You desire the occurrence to be over as rapidly as possible. And believe me, the burglar does not wish to spend a great deal of time near you either. I understand that it’s hard, but attempt to remain calm. If possible, try to focus on such things as: how tall is the burglar, what is he using, any identifying marks, etc. This will be practical when providing your details to the police.
4. Constantly remember, that if you resist and you don’t have some type of self-defense training, there is a higher opportunity that you will be hurt. Play it safe. All you wish to do is get it over with as rapidly as possible and be able to return the home of your friends and family.
Bank Machines (ATM’s).
1. Many people make the error of approaching an ATM without noticing what is happening around them. You need to be extremely watchful of any suspicious individuals around you. If you discover somebody or something that just does not “feel right” — find another ATM. More importantly, never ever use an ATM late during the night in a location not correctly lighted.
2. If you need to utilize an ATM at night, we recommend that you take a pal or member of the family together with you. Never ever go alone due to the fact that then you are just asking for problems!
3. One of the sure signs that you don’t wish to utilize a specific ATM is if you find somebody waiting and watching outside the location of the ATM. This is one of the ways that we suggest for you to always be alert and ready. Many people are just concentrating on the cash that they want to leave the maker therefore they aren’t paying attention to information. This is just exactly what the robbers desire you to do. Do not play into their hands. Constantly be alert– it might save your cash and your life!
Street Security – Against Violent Crimes
1. Well-illuminated hectic areas are the very best location for you to be. You should definitely avoid strolling alone or remaining in dark under lid areas.
2. If you are a lady carrying a bag, hold it near to your body rather than by the handles. Among the most typical mistakes ladies make is that they wrap their handbag straps around their wrist. The reason this is a bad concept is due to the fact that you can get hurt in a struggle. Simply hold your purse near your body.
3. Regrettably, lots of ladies bring what appears like “whatever they have” in their bag or wallet! Professionals agree that the very best thing to do is only carry what you require.
4. Constantly avoid shortcuts through alleys, fields or vacant lots. A regrettable event taken place in my area recently. A girl on her way home took a shortcut through the back of a closed car wash company. She was abducted, raped and killed. Even though the abduction was caught on a security camera, it was of no aid to the dead lady. Utilize your head– and remain safe.
5. If you believe that you are being followed, cross the street and change instructions a few times. Get to a well lighted location with other people. Crucial —— Do Not Go Home!! The last thing that you desire is for the aggressor to know where you live.
We hope that these simple tips help you and your family remains safe and protected. As the old saying goes– “It’s better to be safe than sorry.”. CWP
by Mary CottonPersonal Security Products for Women (click here)